Gun Violence in Teens- Did you know?
Scared Stiff Poem
Holding the community hostage
And putting them through it
Who killed my homie?
Tell me why they’d do it
Said it wasn’t his turf
He didn’t belong
Shot him down in the street
Now you know that was wrong…
Why did this have to happen? Why are children killing children?
What is the Scared Stiff Program About?
To provide alternatives for ‘at risk’ teens and young adults to the pervasive violence that has engulfed the inner city community.
To form a collaborative comprised of the religious community, business community, governmental agencies, education community, citizens and parents to support and guide teens and young adults to discover viable solutions that will reverse the escalation of violence.
- Investigate causes for the proliferation of violence and find solutions to curtail gun violence
- Provide opportunities to realize how gun violence impacts the entire community
- Formulate a team of professionals and community members to interface with teens and young adults to implement change
- Create avenues that promote positive social goals, self-esteem and life skills
- Dispel myths and misinformation regarding the glamorization of violence
- Exposure to diverse cultural, social and industry activities
Increase program participant’s knowledge, appreciation and understanding of their rich history, culture and heritage.
Workshops – focusing on life skills, health education, mental health concerns, employment and social services.
Panel discussions, presentations and videos addressing the negative effects of violence and available alternatives.
Relationships with schools, community centers, Juvenile Detention Centers, Recreation Centers and other Social Service Agencies.
The ‘Scared Stiff’ Program is an outreach of The Association of Midnight Basketball League Programs.
Scared Stiff is a non-profit organization and your donations count towards programs for teens in the prevention of gun violence in neighborhoods and schools.
SCARED STIFF HAS PUT TOGETHER A TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS AND COMMUNITY PEOPLE TO LET IT BE KNOWN THAT
“THEY ARE TIRED OF GUN VIOLENCE IN OUR CITIES and COMMUNITIES.”
THIS PUBLIC FORUM IS DESIGNED TO SHOW THE DEVASTATION THAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE IN THE COMMUNITY DIES FROM GUN SHOT WOUNDS.
Resources for Victims of Crime
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.